Thursday 20 August 2009

Day 117 - back to the road

Type - Steady run

Distance - 3.6 miles

Time - 30 minutes 39 seconds

After a week's solid exercise I was feeling pretty healthy. My cycling into work had improved as I applied some of the cycling strength and techniques I had picked up in Ireland, shaving 5 - 10 minutes from my morning commute. But as positive as this was, it wasn't helping my running recovery. It was time to hit the road.

I planned a relaxed 3 mile route (map), with the option to do 3.5 miles if i wasn't feeling any stiffness or pain in my calves or groin. Instead I just had a dull ache from my Achilles tendon, a stubborn injury from the cycling which won't shift. But this doesn't seem to be exacerbated by running, so I pushed on regardless.

The run started well, a light five minute warm up before speeding up on the descent down Pemberton Road. My legs felt strong, and I did not lose my breath at all. It was a strong run, felt very positive and I only got the slightest twinge in my adductor muscles right at the end of the run. I worked out the route on Gmap pedometre and had done 3.6 miles in just over 30 minutes, which was decent enough for a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment