Sunday 9 August 2009

Day 104 - 3 miles under 30 minutes

Type - Steady run (treadmill)

Distance - 3 miles

Time - 28 minutes 59 seconds

It isn't an amazing run to get three miles in under 30 minutes. Ten minute miles are not taxing, and far longer than the eight minute miles I was running in June. But, and this is an important but, it was almost as rewarding to do a solid, uncomplicated and vaguely respectable run in this time.

I am sticking with the treadmill for now - although I might be tempted on to the open road for the few days I am in Ireland and away from the gym. But for the most part the treadmill takes some of the strain from running - impact, terrain and pace are all controlled and easier. I went on the cross trainer for a quarter of an hour to ensure I had a decent warm up before even hitting the treadmill.

Then I started with a five minute warm up at 9 km/h, and then ran at 10.2 km/h for a while before finishing with ten minutes at 10.5 km/h. By the end it certainly felt as though I had gone through a decent workout, but the tiredness was just the usual complaint from muscles that had fallen out of routine with running. No shin pains, no groin pains. A five minute warm down, and stretches, and fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment