Friday 11 September 2009

Day 137 - playing with the big boys

Football tonight, and feeling good for tonight's match. The recent exercise kick has left me feeling healthier than I've been for a long time, and I fit far more easily into my football shirt. We started playing and, although our side seemed the weaker of the two, managed to keep the scores roughly even.

I have been getting more into the game, going in for challenges and vaguely controlling the ball. I went in for a hard tackle towards the edge of the pitch. Between the wall, the ball and Yaz's foot there was not much give, and the thing that finally did give was my ankle as my foot collapsed on itself. An unmanly yelp, followed by a grimmace on the sideline. A searing pain on my left ankle, and a quick retreat into goal as I breathed the pain away.

It didn't seem to bad after a few minutes, and I managed to get out of goal and play again. Out of the football kit and it seemed a touch swollen, but not too bad. I got home, and applied the RICE guidelines - rest, ice, compress and elevate.

No comments:

Post a Comment