Sunday 31 January 2010

Day 274 - pre-work running

Type - Steady run

Distance - 5 miles

Time - 41 minutes 32 seconds


A very, very busy week this week, which meant that the only chance I would have to cram in the running I wanted and needed to do was to do Tuesday's run before work. Hardly ideal - it required a decent amount of preparation to ensure that I had all my things in the right place. In the end I failed, and ended up having to run with a small bag on my back.

It took a while longer to get in to the pace, and I was still groggy and tired from having just woken up. Running straight into work from bed isn't ideal, and I should have had half an hour awake, but the lure of the warm bed in the wintery morning ensured that was not the case.

The run was alright, nothing spectacular but some more miles on my feet. For some reason it didn't put me in the most positive frame of mind. Perhaps carrying the annoying kit bag was part of the reason - if I have to do it again I will make sure that I do it properly and am prepared. Properly prepared. And that means no bag carrying.

No comments:

Post a Comment