Sunday 3 January 2010

Day 250 - multi-discipline

Type - Treadmill run

Distance - 5 miles

Time - 44 minutes and 30 seconds

Having left yesterday's hangover behind me I wanted to have a decent day of fitness. I started with a two hour cycle into central London and through the Royal Parks. Back to north London and to Clissold Leisure Centre for a 15 minute session on the cross-trainer and then a long run on the treadmill.

It wasn't too long ago that I found running outside next to impossible, but could easily do a few miles on the treadmill. That seems to have completely reversed now - I find the treadmill very difficult, especially at higher speeds or over longer distances.

I thought today's would be alright because I was going to be running at my target running speed for longer distances of 10.9 km/h. But it was still hard going, even over 5 miles. Still, pushed through and made up the distance. Felt like a decent hours cardio work out, and then out to Dalston for a Turkish meal of a plate of meat - a decent protein fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment