Wednesday 2 December 2009

Days 196 - 220 busy, injury, tired and sick

The rest of November just didn't really get together. I got injured playing football, a sharp bruising to my chest which felt like I'd broken something and brought piercing pains whenever I breathed, and yelps of pain when I coughed or sneezed. It is still there, but fading away slowly.
I did a bit of cycling, a bit of running and a bit of gym. But nothing like what I had planned or wanted to do.

It was made more difficult by having my mum's 60th birthday on the first weekend and Antony's 30th birthday on the second. But there will be other events in the run up to the marathon, and I will have to train around them.

And then towards the end of the month, just when I wanted to get back into it, I came down with a vicious viral infection.
Well. I have four weeks until the 16 week point for serious training to begin (January 3). I think I am planning a 20 week training schedule, and will have to discuss this with Jarlath.

No comments:

Post a Comment