Sunday 25 October 2009

Day 183 - half way point

So it has been half a year since I started this blog, started training, and took up running in a more serious way. Since then I have:
  • Run 216.5 miles;
  • Ran for 1779 minutes (29 hours, 39 minutes)
  • Finished a half marathon;
  • Sustained two injuries (shin splints and a twisted ankle);
  • Ran six miles in seven minute miles;
  • Lost 2.5 stones in weight; and
  • Got a place in the London Marathon for 2010.
I'm pretty pleased with progress so far, but there is still a long way to go. And now, with the clocks going back, we are firmly into the winter training schedule. I just need to keep at it through the winter, and I should emerge into 2010, spring and the London Marathon in good shape.

Today I went for a bike ride out to north London and then back to the gym to do a resistance and cross training session.

No comments:

Post a Comment